As the ski lifts close at the end of Europe’s winter sports season, at WhoSki.com we are celebrating our first full ski season of trading, with your help.
Helping stem the textiles glut and cutting the cost of skiing with our simple, safe, online marketplace for secondhand ski and snowboard clothing: what a year it has been!
Season highlights include:
- A customer database that keeps on growing: thanks to all who have registered and continue to do so. It’s the best way to be among the first to know when new items go on sale. Register quickly and simply here.
- A Best Business award for innovation (and a runners-up gong for sustainability).
- Building partnerships with a network of businesses operating in the winter sports sector including Huski, Halsbury Ski, Club Europe, the Ski Club of GB and more.
- Working alongside local, national and international players to promote circularity and the #SkiGreen message, like Sustainable Merton, the Ellen MacArthur Foundation, SATI and Re-Action.
- With your help, we have kept heaps of snow wear, from ski jackets to goggles, IN active usage and OUT of landfill.
- We have enabled numerous WhoSki.com members to monetize their wardrobe while reducing their carbon footprint via the circular economy.
- A stand at the NEC National Snow Show where we enjoyed meeting (and feeding – homemade biscuits, anyone?) so many potential customers. We look forward to seeing you at the next one.
- Feedback from our many satisfied, supportive WhoSki.com users
It really feels like a distant memory since the evening Nicola suggested we set up the UK’s eBay just for ski clothes – now live and trading as WhoSki.com.
Pre-loved fashion then was a niche interest. The only way to reliably get your hands on a pair of affordable salopettes was via a friend or neighbour. And when your children grew out of their snowboots there was no real way to ensure they were passed on sustainably outside your immediate circle.
making sustainability simple
As one happy WhoSki.com customer puts it: “A very easy process to kit my children out to replace the items they had grown out of. Will certainly be using the site again.”
So, happy full first year to us – and watch out for exciting developments at the WhoSki.com marketplace during the year ahead.
Image by ArtPhoto_studio on Freepik